Twitter’s objective is to serve the general public dialog. In alignment with this yr’s Safer Web Day theme, Collectively for a greater web, Twitter is looking upon individuals to affix collectively to make the Web a safer and higher place for all, particularly for younger individuals. Within the final yr, Twitter has made expansions on their insurance policies and up to date their options to assist make sure that individuals have constructive experiences whereas utilizing Twitter. There’ll all the time be extra to do, however the service has made significant progress.
Key highlights on Twitter’s Security and Well being updates embrace:
- Delicate contents could be unsettling whenever you encounter it with out prior warnings. Twitter launched the one-time content warnings globally to be added as warnings for delicate contents on their timelines.
- Twitter launched the Digital Safety playbook to assist individuals really feel safer, be in management, and handle their digital footprint. The playbook is downloadable and obtainable in seven languages: English, French, Hindi, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish (Spain), and Spanish (Latin America).
- Twitter has up to date their Covid-19 misleading information policy to assist make sure that individuals can discover the fitting details about Covid-19 on Twitter.
Twitter additionally expanded the #ThereIsHelp notification search immediate to offer credible info from authoritative sources to those that want it.
- In December 2021, Twitter launched a global expansion of the HIV notification search prompt to offer the fitting details about HIV throughout Asia Pacific and the Americas: Brazil, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, SP-Latam, Taiwan, Thailand, and the USA.
- In Could 2021, Twitter launched a freedom of expression search prompt in Thailand that may join individuals to the NGOs at any time when they search Thai key phrases related to freedom of expression on Twitter.
- Twitter collaborated with UN Women Asia Pacific (@UNWomenAsia) to amplify its assist on creating consciousness towards gender primarily based violence in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, and Vietnam.
Being in charge of your experiences on Twitter
Within the digital age, the necessity to have protected, inclusive, and genuine dialog has turn into more and more vital, and Twitter is devoted to creating individuals really feel safer and empowering them to be in charge of their expertise. At occasions you could have not had the expertise you anticipated, listed here are seven ideas that will help you really feel safer whereas collaborating within the dialog on the service:
- Preserve your Twitter account protected by activating two-factor authentication (2FA) so as to add an additional layer of safety. This can assist make sure that solely the account proprietor can entry the account.
- Twitter is all for the liberty of expression; and thru protected Tweets, individuals can now share their Tweets, ideas, and opinions with a restricted variety of followers.
- Twitter lately rolled out the flexibility to have extra management over who follows you. If you wish to prohibit an account, now you can remove them from your list of followers without blocking them (obtainable on Twitter.com).
- Twitter lets individuals prohibit Tweets from sure accounts with out unfollowing or blocking them by muting these accounts. Folks also can use advanced mute to mute specific phrases, conversations, phrases, usernames, emojis, or hashtags.
- Sharing location info that might establish your private home, workplace tackle and even the place your youngsters go to highschool have to be averted. Extra info could be discovered here.
- Direct Messages let you have a personal dialog or create a bunch dialog, however typically individuals obtain undesirable DMs. DM settings allow you to filter out unwanted messages and limit messages from people you don’t follow. If the setting is turned off, you’ll solely obtain messages from individuals you comply with. You too can toggle the standard filter to exclude low-quality or probably spammy DMs.
- Twitter is all for self-expression, however when you discover your personal info, images, or movies are getting used with out your consent, report it.
#WhatsHappening: Conversations on Twitter to look out for this Safer Web Day
Within the Philippines, Plan Worldwide (@Planphilippines) teamed up with Twitter to launch #NotForSale: A Safer Twitter Marketing campaign and Useful resource Hub. Extra details about this marketing campaign is offered here. They may also host a Twitter Areas with companions from the Right down to Zero programme to fight Sexual Exploitation of Kids in 12 nations throughout Asia and Latin America.
To encourage dialog round safer web use, the service has launched a particular emoji which will probably be obtainable till 13 February. Folks can activate it by Tweeting with the next hashtags, amongst others: #SaferInternetDay, #SID2022, #MasLigtasNaInternet, #ArawNgMasLigtasNaInternet.